Either you already have a website or just about to have one, CMS a.k.a. Content Management System is a name you should be familiar with, especially with its top-notch features. While some web developers prefer to use HTML (HyperText Markup Language), others prefer to use CMS.
So what is CMS?
Content Management System (CMS) is a software application or program that allows you to create or manage digital contents through a user-friendly editor. It gives an easy way to edit and update your website and its content (either text, images or otherwise) without even having any coding knowledge.
A CMS comes with custom or pre-designed templates for easy use of access instead of the primary method of coding your website from scratch. Simple to core, even a granny can have her website up and running in no time using CMS.
Some common and popular CMS are WordPress, Tumblr, Wix, Drupal and Joomla.
I will give you 5 reasons why you should create your website with CMS.
- Ease of access and collaboration: As opposed to other options of creating a website, CMS has a wide variety of simple interfaces which is easy for anyone to understand and use. It also has a multiple access features that allow different users to access and run different projects on your website. Multiple people can add, edit or even update content on your website with their individual accounts. You can as well assign different levels of permissions to each user (i.e. some users can only edit blog articles, some can edit everything, etc.)All contents are stored in one place in the CMS which makes it easier for multiple users to access any data at anytime and from anywhere with just the use of a phone, tablet or laptop.
- Little or no Programming Experience isn't a problem: The main goal of Content Management System is for everyone to be able to create and have a website with little or no Programming knowledge at all. With simple content editors looking like Microsoft word for writing contents and easier way to upload images, you are on the go with your website. It's as easy as filling a form and it builds pages for you.
- Cheaper overall cost and maintenance: Imagine calling a developer everytime you want to make a change to your website and you'll pay them for every little change they make for you. Sometimes those changes even take days before coming up. CMS cost less since you're not starting from scratch and updates are live almost immediately which saves you enough cost and time altogether.
- SEO tools and plugins: CMS comes with SEO friendly components and also helps in generating a sitemap for your site which better your ranking on search engines. This doesn't take away the need for a marketing team but helps with basic SEO strategies for the benefit of your site. Web page titles, meta descriptions, alt tags, and all the other elements needed to best optimize your website for Google and other major search engines are made available and presented to you. These plugins will also alert you when these elements are not done correctly.More so, these functions in the form of plugins are updated regularly to adapt to any change that could affect your ranking on major search engines.
- Security: This is one of the most dreaded problems with website owners especially ecommerce owners and users too. However, content management systems are constantly tested by host of developers and computer scientists in an effort to safeguard users against any and all potential security threats. Also, various plugins and tools are available that are also individually designed for your website’s security.
The digital market is changing as it demands more technologies to reach target audience and customers. A Content Management System is all you need to begin. The modern CMS is doing more than just helping you code your website with its ever evolving functionalities as solutions for startups, small businesses and large enterprises while also saving you time and money.
Considering any CMS platform? Call the experts at our web development agency and find out more! We run the best custom web development agency in Montreal.