Marketing email is essential for any business, especially in the digitalized world we live in nowadays. It is one of the most common tools in terms of marketing because it has many advantages. In concrete terms, a marketing email is an automated email that you send to a targeted part of your clientele to provoke an action from them towards your brand. You have probably received marketing emails from many brands, and it is not surprising. There are many things you can do in your marketing email:
To prove to you the impact of marketing email, there are no better way than to show you statistics:
- Did you know that 73% of millennials prefer business communications to be done via email? So, it is well and truly to your advantage to promote your company's communication to your customers through the medium they prefer.
- There are 3.9 billion daily email users. That puts email at the top of the list of marketing tools that reach your customers effectively. This number is huge, and it is because consumers do not hesitate to give their email addresses to brands to be regularly informed.
- 59% of respondents say that marketing email influences their purchasing decisions. The bonus of this tool is that consumers are so used to using it that they know how to manage it perfectly to benefit from brands' offers or unsubscribe if they are no longer interested.
- And to end on a high note... 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement over the past 12 months. This is not surprising given the pandemic that has made the digitalization of businesses but also consumer habits much more present.
After all this information you are convinced that it is time for you to add marketing email to your business strategy? You are right! It is complicated to talk about marketing email without talking about the return on investment it has. Indeed, it is an effort that is largely rewarded. But you need to know how to master the tool to get the best results.
To get the most out of marketing email, you must do it correctly. That is why we are going to present you the most seen mistakes so that you avoid doing them. Do not worry, doing marketing email is not a complex task, you can do it!
- Choose the right intervals between your marketing emails. To explain, do not send emails too often to your customers but enough so that they do not forget you. Chances are that if you send emails to your customers every day, they will get bored and you won't be able to draw their attention to what matters, plus they may get so fed up that they will unsubscribe from your emails. However, find the right balance, because if you send too few emails they will forget about you and think that there is not much going on in your company because they are not aware of the news.
- Always call customers to action. Do not send emails that serve no purpose, just to remind them of your existence. Your customers deserve to be reminded of things that may interest them within your brand. Whether it is to solicit a purchase, use a coupon code, redirect them to your site, an article, a new product... Whatever information you bring them, they should be able to access it from the email.
- Respect the laws and regulations, you shouldn't have to be reminded but it is better to be sure. In order for your efforts to pay off and be useful to the growth of your business, don't get caught in the spam category of your customers' mailboxes.
- Take advantage of your customers' engagement to create a relationship with them. It would be a shame not to seize the opportunity! To do this, vary the content you offer, take breaks from your usual marketing content to solicit your customers' opinions and improve your services or products. The information you receive from customers is valuable.
- Do some testing. In order to get the best results and perfect your strategy, you will need to test different techniques to see which ones are most successful. You can test different time slots, designs and graphics, and communication techniques. Then analyze the results to understand why certain criteria perform better. Every customer segment is different, so adapting to your customer base will make you more successful.
Read this article to understand the reasons customers start ignoring you.
- A good tool to start a marketing email campaign is Canva (or Promo). The tool is easy to use by everyone, you have a wide variety of choices, and clean and customizable designs. Find the tool among all those that exist that will help you get a result in line with your brand image. Read this article for more tips.
- Personalize your emails as much as possible, and for each customer. For this step you can ask for help from someone more specialized in IT. In order to keep up with your competition, follow the standards of your industry. For example, you can display each customer's name in their email with special tools.
- Grab attention in 3 seconds! Make your customers want to open your emails. Find ways to communicate in a minimum of words what will interest them so that marketing emails don't go straight to trash. Give them a reason to read the rest of your emails among many others.
To conclude, you now have a good general idea of marketing email that you can now begin to introduce into your business strategy. Don't hesitate to contact Oshara, the web agency based in Montreal, for more information.
Personalize your marketing emails to your customers, a certain segment, make them feel special. Also, contact them about events that interest and solicit them.
YES! When properly designed, they will increase your revenue and are a good investment.
Use simple and effective tools to add quality designs to your marketing emails. For example, Canva or Promo. However, there are other tools that may be more suitable for you.
By registering, you agree to receive emails from Oshara.
By registering, you agree to receive emails from Oshara.