Marketing automation is the automatic sending of email marketing or messages to the customer database that your brand owns. It is a tool that facilitates the process of sending emails but also allows, through its advanced settings, to separate customers into categories so that they receive specific emails at a specific time after certain actions. By using this tool, you become more competitive on your market as it revolutionizes the use of digital marketing. You can also use it to segment your customers and more.
To do marketing automation, you will have to imagine all the possible scenarios that your customers do every time they interact with your brand and decide if you want to send them a message or not to solicit an action from them. It's an exercise of logic that can take time to create, however the effort put into this strategy will pay off handsomely.
In order to convince you that this is the essential tool that your company needs to grow, what better way than to show you some statistics?
- 40% of companies that don't use marketing automation yet will soon do so. And we understand them! It's not an easy or quick task. In order to stay competitive in the market you need to follow your industry standards and more. Marketing automation is skyrocketing within business strategies. If you don't want to be left behind, start preparing for marketing automation.
- 51% of businesses on average are now using marketing automation. If you think you can get away with it, it won't be for long. Everyone is getting on board and more companies are starting to use marketing automation every day.
- 76% of companies that have implemented marketing automation have seen a return on investment within a year. If this is the proof you needed to see the effectiveness of this technique, you now know what to expect. Not only is the ROI fast, it's also high.
- 77% of marketers reported increased conversions. There's no doubt that this technique will help you increase sales, build customer loyalty, improve customer relations and enhance your brand image. What more could you ask for?
- 80% of marketers attribute their success to marketing automation. Only that! If we knew all this time that the key to success was right in front of us... So, since this is all you need to get your brand to the top, it's definitely worth it.
If you're still wondering why so many companies are making the change, it's because the benefits of this tool are numerous. That being said! You still need to master the tool and understand its logic. Once you start implementing marketing automation, you will realize that it is accessible by everyone.
The amount of useful data you will receive as a result of the implementation will allow you to improve your marketing strategy.
You will be able to personalize the digital experience of your customers without even moving a finger. Since you will have done all the efforts previously, when designing the marketing automation, you will just have to let the software send the prepared messages to your customers in given time.
Your only role following the launch of marketing automation in your company will be to analyze the results you receive and better your strategy.
You will be able to test several communication techniques, schedules, and designs to see which ones perform best and adapt them to your customer base. Each customer base and segment are unique, it's up to you to find the right combination to maximize your success.
- You can take inspiration from the email below, which is automatically sent at a specific time to all customers who have left their address with the company when they leave the site without having paid their cart. This is a key technique that increases sales by offering a promotion to rekindle the customer's buying action. While these emails are being sent to your customers that match the criteria you have chosen, you did not have to send it yourself.
- As you can see below, to follow up the registration from the company's website, the customer receives an automatic welcome email. Two days after opening the welcome mail, the customer receives an email with a promo code. It's as logical and simple as that to automate your email marketing. You can make the automation as complex as you want by adding conditions, criteria, specific to certain customer behavior.
- I'm sure you've already received emails from brands wishing you a happy birthday. Don't think they wrote it in their own handwriting especially for you... sorry! The marketing automation algorithm detected that it was your birthday and sent that email, without anyone from the company even doing anything. Pretty cool for you to receive a personalized message offering you something for your birthday but also great for the company that delivers a premium experience and receives data that helps them improve their marketing strategy.
To conclude, you now have a good general idea of the marketing automation process that you can start introducing into your business strategy. Don't hesitate to contact Oshara web agency, based in Montreal for more information.
Use tools like Drip or others that allow you to create custom automation funnels for your emails.
Use tools that allow you to be more organized and create as many automations as possible. Delegate the task to a specialized software.
Marketing automation is the automatic sending of email marketing or texts to the customer database that your brand has. It is a tool that facilitates the process of sending emails but also allows, through its advanced settings, to separate customers into categories so that they receive specific emails at a specific time after certain actions.
Was this article useful?
By registering, you agree to receive emails from Oshara.
By registering, you agree to receive emails from Oshara.